It's that time again! Pull out your limoncello, folks, cause today we will be drinking with Giada.
For those of you who don't know her, Giada De Laurentiis is a cleavage bearing, lemon zesting, pasta making, Italian over-pronouncing hottie of a Food Network chef.
Giada makes Italian themed cuisine with a bit of a gourmet flair. She has a gorgeous home in California where she hosts many awkward parties, and often guest stars her adorable baby Jade (isn't that just Giada in English? Weird!) and gangly husband Todd.
Pop open that bottle of limoncello, open up a box of amaretti cookies, and get to know Giada!
Shows: Everyday Italian and Giada at Home
- Giada's home is just so gosh darn beautiful that it makes her show very aesthetically pleasing. Lots of sunlight, a kitchen window overlooking the ocean....magnifico!
- As compared to many other Food Network chefs (cough Rachel Ray cough), Giada is very un-annoying. Aside from dramatically over-pronouncing Italian words, she has no goofy catch phrases.
- Giada's food always looks awesome. And I am sure it tastes great. I just don't know if I could ever actually make it.
- Her abundant use of peppers. I absolutely loathe peppers, and she often includes them in her recipes. Enough of a reason to dislike Giada? I think yes.
- Though I mentioned that for the most part Giada is un-annoying, she always horribly over-enunciates any Italian word. We get it, Giada. You are Italian.
- The fact that Giada feels the need to show at least three inches of cleavage in every outfit. While this may be a pro for the guys reading this, I think it's kind of a cheap way to get ratings. No Cooking with Cleavage for me.
- Take a drink every time Giada over-pronounces a word that isn't even very Italian, such as "PAS-ta!" or "spa-GIT-ee!"
- Take a drink every time Giada zests a lemon.
- Take a drink every time Aunt Raffy makes an appearance (bonus drink if you notice the giant mole on her right boob) (photo cred to foodnetworkhumor.com)
- Take a drink every time Giada talks about "peppery arugula"
- Take a drink every time Giada talks about something being "nice and brown on the outside and moist and tender on the inside."
- Take a drink every time Giada acts really bossy at a party she is hosting, directing people where to sit and what to eat first.
- Take a drink every time Giada's husband Todd shows up looking bored and/or confused.
Get crunk with Giada and let me know what you think! Have a great weekend :)